For the faithful mommas on their knees praying for a prodigal.
God loves the lost. They hold a special place in His heart as described in Luke 15. Three love stories of lost sheep, coins, and children.
- “Suppose one of you has a hundred sheep and loses one of them. Doesn’t he leave the ninety-nine in the open country and go after the lost sheep until he finds it?” Luke 15:4 (NIV)
- “Or suppose a woman has ten silver coins and loses one. Doesn’t she light a lamp, sweep the house and search carefully until she finds it?” Luke 15:8 (NIV)
- Jesus continued: “There was a man who had two sons. The younger one said to his father, ‘Father, give me my share of the estate.’ So he divided his property between them. Not long after that, the younger son got together all he had, set off for a distant country and there squandered his wealth in wild living.” Luke 15: 11-13 (NIV)
God sees and loves your loved one. They are never too far gone, too far wasted, or too far damaged. No matter the distance, circumstances, addictions, debt, or life choices, God loves the lost.
Nothing can separate you or your loved one from God’s far-reaching Love.”For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord.” Romans 8: 38,39 (NIV)
God loves the lost and proved it on the cross. “For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.” John 3:16 (NIV)
- And when he finds it, he joyfully puts it on his shoulders and goes home. Then he calls his friends and neighbors together and says, ‘Rejoice with me; I have found my lost sheep. Luke 15: 5, 6 (NIV)
- And when she finds it, she calls her friends and neighbors together and says, ‘Rejoice with me; I have found my lost coin.’ Luke 15:9 (NIV)
- So he got up and went to his father.“But while he was still a long way off, his father saw him and was filled with compassion for him; he ran to his son, threw his arms around him and kissed him. For this son of mine was dead and is alive again; he was lost and is found.’ So they began to celebrate. Luke 15: 20, 24 (NIV)
Happy Mother’s Day. May you find hope in the waiting.