Krista Lynn Campbell

Lead Well – Leave Well

hand turning pageJanuary 3, 2016

Dear Fellow Travelers,

A New Year cannot begin without tearing off the last page of the Old Year. A New Chapter cannot begin without turning the last page of the Previous Chapter. Endings mean something new is about to begin. New can be scary and exciting; a great leap of faith.  What is God going to do next? Where will He lead? What will He write on my blank life-pages?

I just finished another life-chapter. Ready to lick my finger and turn the page. It is time to move on from leading a ministry that God began with a whisper, an idea, a “Why not?” 5 years ago. He planted the seed,  watered it abundantly and blessed the growth. He brought amazingly dedicated team members. He provided finances. His faithfulness was apparent at every phase. I was privileged to be used to do His Work and to watch the maturation.

But just as important to be open to the Holy Spirit’s prompting to step into leadership; it is equally important to be listening  for when He lovingly and gently says, “It’s time to move on. You are done here.” My loving Heavenly Father was nudging me; elbowing me in my side. God had ordained my beginning 5 years ago and now He was orchestrating my departing time. It was time to hand-off and hand-over. Transition time. Ready, set, let go.

Now it is time for someone else to face the challenges and receive the blessings. Now the new leader will have the opportunity to use her God-given gifts to make the ministry what God wants it to be moving forward.

When you understand it is not “my work or my ministry” but His, it is easier to let go and move on. This was never really mine. Transition well. Lead well and Leave well.

I heard a leader once say ( I want to credit Bill Hybels of Willow Creek Community Church but not sure),  that you can finalize leadership transition when your successor has developed 60% of the necessary leadership responsibilities. They will continue to  grow and invent the remaining 40%. No need to wait until 100% is achieved,  because you would never leave. I find this to be true and very freeing. open book

So I am letting go, moving on, turning the page.

Waiting  patiently as the Author of my life pens the next chapter.

It will be exciting!

Let’s Walk Worthy!

 

1 thought on “Lead Well – Leave Well”

Leave a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *